- Managing Partner
- Family Law 75%
- Probate & Guardianship 25%
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
- J.D. - 2001
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Lubbock, Texas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1996
- Major: Nursing
- Texas, 2002
Michella K. Melton was raised in west Texas and is a life-long Texan. She has lived and worked in Collin County for the last 20 plus years and has practiced law in Collin County since 2002. After practicing law with another well-known family law firm for almost 10 years, Michella opened her own firm in 2012 in McKinney. Michella practices primarily in the areas of family law, including divorce, child custody issues, and child support. Michella has handled numerous divorce & family law cases involving complex property division and complex child related issues as well as post divorce issues involving enforcement and modification of court orders. Michella works with her clients and opposing parties to encourage settlement when possible, especially when children are involved, but is prepared to handle the issues in the courtroom when settlement is not in the client's best interest. Having litigated cases for the last 18 years, when parties are unable to settle their case outside the courtroom you can feel confident knowing that Michella is ready to pursue and fight hard for your rights in Court when necessary.
Michella also practices in the areas of estate planning, including wills and trusts, probate and guardianship, both contested and uncontested.
She is a member of the Collin County Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, and the McKinney Bar Association. In 2011 she was selected to be a member of the prestigious Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court and has been a Texas Monthly Rising Star and Super Lawyer.
Michella K. Melton graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 1996. She received her Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law) in 2002.
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Texas monthly Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer
- Loughmiller & Puhl, Associate Attorney, 2002 to 2007
- Loughmiller Higgins P.C., Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2012
- Melton & Kim, Partner, 2012 to 2015
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Gamma
- Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court, Member, 2011
- Collin County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Fellow of The Texas Bar Foundation
- Collin County Women Lawyer’s Association- Board Member
- McKinney Bar Association- Member